Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was asked bios password then trying to install HP Firmware Pack (Q70) from HP Support Assistant, where do I find the bios password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jostein14 

Hello,

In this case, it is possible that the company administrator may have implemented a BIOS password, so please check with him/her if he/she knows the BIOS password. If not, it is possible that the former employee may have implemented the BIOS password.

Otherwise:

Unfortunately, the HP support community does not allow us to help you with your BIOS password.  The only solution is to contact HP and, if necessary, contact them several times to complete your case.

Rules of Participation No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

I recommend that you get on Contact HP from your country or region.

The only solution HP will propose is to replace the system board to solve the BIOS password problem requested at computer startup.
For more information, please go to Forgotten or Lost BIOS Password.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jostein14 

Hello,

What is the exact model of your laptop (e.g. 5ES85EA)?
To find this product number P/N: this document.

As far as the BIOS password is concerned, only you can know it.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,🤠

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks, the product number is 3AX13AV, its an bussiness pc, so I can ask PC-support in company if they know the the BIOS password.

HP Recommended

@Jostein14 

Hello,

In this case, it is possible that the company administrator may have implemented a BIOS password, so please check with him/her if he/she knows the BIOS password. If not, it is possible that the former employee may have implemented the BIOS password.

Otherwise:

Unfortunately, the HP support community does not allow us to help you with your BIOS password.  The only solution is to contact HP and, if necessary, contact them several times to complete your case.

Rules of Participation No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

I recommend that you get on Contact HP from your country or region.

The only solution HP will propose is to replace the system board to solve the BIOS password problem requested at computer startup.
For more information, please go to Forgotten or Lost BIOS Password.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

HP Recommended

Thanks Man, will ask some support people in the company about it

HP Recommended

@Jostein14 

Thanks for your return,

Ok!

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.