Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Exactly the same  happened to me today. Omen with ryzen 5 and radeon graphics.  Started updating, two hours later the screen was black and the machine unresponsive. Tried to reset CMOS and all other tricks, but theres no signal to monitor or any beebs or anything. 

warranty ended two weeks ago, but no way that I am going to pay anything if an official, forced update breaks my computer. 

HP Recommended

Hi Simo,

Just contact the HP support phone and discuss the issue. I would like to think they would have common sense in this kind of case.

Btw, it wasn't the mobo that needed to be changed in my case, it was the processor. All went well for me and got the computer back faster than initially expected with all data intact on SSD and all. I guess I was lucky.

Wishing you luck!

_petteri

HP Recommended

I contacted HP with the same issue as described above (black screen after bios update and nothing worked anymore). My unit was still under warranty so after a phone call I was able to send it to a HP repair point. The service was amazing and fast. I got my unit back in fully working order with the Windows installation still intact. They apparently replaced the CPU.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.