Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 30L Desktop - GT13 - 0380t CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Omen 30L with an i7-10700K and an RTX 3080. Last night I shut down the computer as normal and today it won’t boot up.

The LED  lights come on and the fan spins up at low speed but there is no display. It also doesn’t sound loud like it is actually trying to boot (very quiet) and the LED lights have been reset to white from my normal RGB setup.

I tried using the virtual support agent. It told me to shut down the computer, unplug it, and then hold the power button down for 10 seconds while it is unplugged. When I plugged it back in, the PC tried to boot up itself before I could even hit the power button, and then it kept doing a continuous boot loop. I was able to unplug it between boot attempts, and after I plugged it back in and hit the power button it stopped doing the looping. Though it still just turns on the fans at low speed and lights up without really doing anything. 

This computer is out of warranty by 3 weeks and I’m very unhappy that it died now. I don’t know if HP has some kind of grace period or discount in such a situation.

Update: this has been resolved. It was just the monitor cable. Also, I had a 30 day grace period to purchase another year's warranty coverage.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@NiradG -- can you power-on the computer, and immediately enter BIOS SETUP?

If you can, there might be an option to "Load BIOS Defaults".

Try this, and then Save/Exit from BIOS SETUP, and tell us if this makes a difference.

Also, while in BIOS SETUP, check the list of "bootable" devices, to ensure that your disk-drive (containing Windows) is listed as the first bootable device.

Also, if you have any USB memory-stick attached, remove it, and then restart.

Also, if you have any disk inside the CD/DVD device, remove it, and then restart.

HP Recommended

There is no display. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. I unplugged all usb devices. Just the monitor and power are connected. 

HP Recommended

@NiradG -- this is getting serious.

The power-supply _should_ be sending a few different voltage levels.

So, it may be sending the correct level for the lamps, but not the correct level to power the motherboard.

Or, it could be a failed motherboard, or a failed processor.

It is least-expensive to try a different power-supply, if you have one, or can borrow a compatible one.

It is far too expensive to try to locate/purchase/install a replacement motherboard.

Maybe, it is time to take your computer to a certified computer technician, to pay for professional trouble-shooting.

The only "good news" is that you have a 99% chance that the disk-drive is undamaged. Then, you can copy your Personal Files from it onto external storage.

HP Recommended

Update: It actually turns out it was just the monitor cable. I didn't switch out the cable when I connected it to a TV so I didn't realize this. I don't know why the boot looping occurred when it did but it hasn't happened since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.