Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Omen Obelisk Boot Issue after installing Liquid Cooling

HP Recommended
Hp Omen Obelisk

Hello, Heroes of the Hp world!

I have a HP OMEN Obelisk Gaming Desktop;

Over the weekend i have installed a NZXT Kraken M22 internal liquid cooling system and a further 8g of ram. Everything in my opinion was fitted fine (any 120ml internal liquid cpu is a recommended upgrade for the HP Omen i understand and the 8g of ram are Hyper X ram which are exactly the same as the existing RAM it was brought with).

When i boot the PC up now, everything works fine - fans running, led lights on with no beeping or flashing lights which i understand is supposed to happen should there be an error code with a HP?

There are three issues that i can't work out for the life of me!

1) The biggest issue is i have no display output whatsoever - both my gaming monitor with HDMI and displayport connections and also tried to hook it up to just TV with HDMI but no luck.

2) Sometimes when it boot up - it run off for about 10 secs and then switches off. After about 5 seconds thereafter, it boots back up fine and then stays on - other times it stays on from boot without switching off for the 5 secs at the start.

3) The USB inputs a the back of the PC work fine with things like my RGB mouse or speakers - but when i try to plug my RGB keyboard in, sometimes it works when i plug it in after booting and other times it doesn't work at all. It never turns on when i have it plugged in when booting the PC - hence i'm struggling to use shortcuts to restore BIOS etc (bit nervous about this step anyway). To confirm - the keyboard is not fault as tested independently. 

I would consider myself fairly competent with computers - hence why i performed this upgrade but i'm really struggling to understand what is happening with it now..

Specs:
Intel i5
GTX 1660 ti graphics card

Please let me know whether this is something you can advise on
1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,743 6,727 634 1,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Pull the new RAM. Check for a good POST using the factory RAM in the memory sockets HP used at the factory.

Upgrading multiple components at the same time can cause problems.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation