Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Omen Obelisk that cost $1,700 won't power up after bios update within the first month of light use for photo editing.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@mdn18, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Have you attempted to connect the device to an alternate power cord or adapter?

Or check with another wall outlet, excluding any surge protectors to check if it works?

While you respond to that, here's  the best way to resolve the issue, using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.
  • Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.
  • The display suddenly goes blank.
  • The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.
  • Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Got exactly the same think. 1 day ago HP assistant installed in PC asked to update something. It was the bios update. Straight after bios update PC won't start. It stays on LOGO one day!!!

Did what been advised from here - 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 

No result. 

Tried to get to bios and somehow roll back bios update but it won't let me to enter to bios!!! 

Please help how how get out last bios update... 

In pictures is

What happening. When no doing anything stays on logo, if press ESC few times then PC starting to boot and frozes in that window (in picture). Thank you in advance for help. 

20200806_192735.jpg

20200806_192637.jpg

HP Recommended

@Serginho007

Thanks for replying!

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been trying to find almost 2 days how to find on the HP site to be able to speak to UK's customer support - no result.

As you can see I'm on the UK's HP page and if I press "Visit the HP Support Community" it will come to your place.

So, help me please to find who I should speak to if there is no way to speak to somebody from my region?

Screenshot

HP Recommended

@Serginho007

Please refer to the below link to find the contact details of the support team in your region.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It looks like there is no support for "Out-of-Warranty" customers... HP does not want to be responsible even for Bios Update that been installed through HP assistant...

My next PC definitely no going to be from HP!!! 

HP Recommended

@Serginho007

Did you get the phone number? Did you speak to the support team?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It says here -

https://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Out-of-Warranty: free phone support is not available for out-of-warranty products.

And there is no phone number available if I'm happy to pay for phone call...

HP Recommended

@Serginho007

Please share your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the phone number.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.