cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Andymaking
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP PAVILION DESKTOP 24 AIO WON'T BOOT

HP Recommended
HP PAVILION DESKTOP 24 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Desktop Has issues powering on once it goes off... The Led light behind shows that there is power coming in, but I press the power button, It doesn't come on nor does the light on the button come on.

But once you plug a device to the desktop, it powers the device while it is still off and hasn't booted yet

Please help what do I do? 

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 8
2,689 2,670 98 287
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andymaking -- replace the power-supply.

It must simultaneously supply different voltage-levels to different components. 

If it is failing, it might be supplying power to the USB ports, but not supplying power to the motherboard.

Or, the motherboard is failing, or the processor is failing.  It's much easier to try a different power-supply than it would be to try a different motherboard, especially for an "All-In-One" desktop computer.

Is it an external power-supply? Can you use a multimeter to test the output voltage and amperage from it?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation