Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15–p002nia
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My 2 years old son poured chocolate beverage on the keyboard of my recently bought HP Pavilion 15–p002nia Notebook. When I discovered it, the notebook had already shutdown, all efforts to get it start failed. The white LED light on power button would stay on and fan would spin for 30 seconds, stops, starts and stops continuously. The system won't boot. What can I do? Is the board dead?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi TheOldMan, thanks for your reply. But, someone suggested I disassemble the system, clean with alcohol and dry that it might help the system back.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Liquid on the keyboard of a laptop many times will give those symptoms.  It is usually beyond the normal user to try this repair.  There might be hardware failures, too.  Best to take it to a repair shop.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Hi TheOldMan, thanks for your reply. But, someone suggested I disassemble the system, clean with alcohol and dry that it might help the system back.
HP Recommended

You can try that, if you feel that is within your skillset.  Most DIY'ers do not wish to try taking a laptop apart.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I'm doing that right now. I'll post the outcome. Thanks.
HP Recommended
Yes! After disassembling and cleaning with pure alcohol, and left to dry, I put back all the parts together the system starts fine but stucked with crashed HDD.
HP Recommended

Interesting terms that are posted.  Please explain.  How does the system start with a crashed HDD?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks. After the cleaning and reassembling, I plugged in the AC adaptor, pressed the power button, the system started and stays on without restarting as did before with OS and HDD not found error.
HP Recommended

OK great.  So you are saying to works OK now?

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.