cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion 15–p002nia Fan Spins but Won't Starts

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15–p002nia
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
My 2 years old son poured chocolate beverage on the keyboard of my recently bought HP Pavilion 15–p002nia Notebook. When I discovered it, the notebook had already shutdown, all efforts to get it start failed. The white LED light on power button would stay on and fan would spin for 30 seconds, stops, starts and stops continuously. The system won't boot. What can I do? Is the board dead?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,188 10,184 958 2,788
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Liquid on the keyboard of a laptop many times will give those symptoms.  It is usually beyond the normal user to try this repair.  There might be hardware failures, too.  Best to take it to a repair shop.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi TheOldMan, thanks for your reply. But, someone suggested I disassemble the system, clean with alcohol and dry that it might help the system back.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,188 10,184 958 2,788
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try that, if you feel that is within your skillset.  Most DIY'ers do not wish to try taking a laptop apart.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm doing that right now. I'll post the outcome. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes! After disassembling and cleaning with pure alcohol, and left to dry, I put back all the parts together the system starts fine but stucked with crashed HDD.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,188 10,184 958 2,788
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Interesting terms that are posted.  Please explain.  How does the system start with a crashed HDD?

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
12 8 1 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks. After the cleaning and reassembling, I plugged in the AC adaptor, pressed the power button, the system started and stays on without restarting as did before with OS and HDD not found error.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,188 10,184 958 2,788
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK great.  So you are saying to works OK now?

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation