Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-a257c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop PC BIOS update (ROM family SSID 82 DC

Soft Paq: sp112470 ver. F.37 size 9.24 mb

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19042.789

Problem:

Downloaded new BIOS update from HP Support Assistant program on my computer. Download and install worked perfect with no problems. When computer re-booted the following info was displayed on the screen.

Check Media …

Media Present ….

Start PXE over IPV4 …. (this stayed on the screen for a minute or so) … finally

Start PXE over IPV6 …… (this remained on the screen for a couple minutes before Windows

10 finally booted.)

It now takes my computer about 2 to 3 minutes to boot up. What gives here??? How do I fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally found the solution. Somehow the new HP BIOS download had the BIOS  configured to boot-up over a network. Once I found this out I went into BIOS setup and disabled this function. Now all is well and the computer boots up just like always.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Finally found the solution. Somehow the new HP BIOS download had the BIOS  configured to boot-up over a network. Once I found this out I went into BIOS setup and disabled this function. Now all is well and the computer boots up just like always.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.