Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2010UK
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All

So, I start the machine, and almost immediately a screen (see picture attached) with just text (no logo) listing details of the processor, memory, bios revision, and "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" message appears. There are no beeps and the keyboard appears to have locked up and the machine has not responded all day. Steps I have taken:

1. Hard reset - (remove power, press the power button for 10+ secs and then put power back in and restart)

2. Removed RAM and tried powering on

3. Tried a new RAM stick

4. Hard Disk has been removed and placed into an external caddy and can be read so the drive is OK

5. Removed CMOS battery and tried a new battery

6. Putting in a bootable DVD and a bootable USB

I am at a complete loss as to what to try next?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you in advance!

IMG_5461.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally found a solution.

Clear the CMOS setting and reset the BIOS using the jumpers on the motherboard

CMOS & BIOS reset

This will change the date and time on the machine, but it finally fixed my issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

UK PC?   Are you using a UK keyboard?

Did you make any modifications to your PC? If yes, list all of the modifications.

What color is the power on button when the PC hangs?

After powering on the PC does depressing the ESC key bring up the BIOS Start up menu? If not, then try a different USB ports and possibly a different USB 2 keyboard. Don't use any adapters, key boards and mice. Try a non-powered USB 2 keyboard in a USB 2 port.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Big_Dave

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, UK PC, and UK keyboard.

No modifications.

Power light remains blue.

ESC key - no menu, just hangs. Tried different USB ports and tried different keyboards. Same response.

I have left overnight, in the hope it was doing something in the background, but nothing.

HP Recommended

Finally found a solution.

Clear the CMOS setting and reset the BIOS using the jumpers on the motherboard

CMOS & BIOS reset

This will change the date and time on the machine, but it finally fixed my issue.

HP Recommended

Is the same problem here

Steps to solve the problem have been applied and have not worked

HP Recommended

Hi,

after changing some things in BIOS, I was searching a way to boot on CD..PC Boot, Hard disk seems to be running(Led on and blicking) but nothing appears on screen. So not able to change anything again in BIOS.

I've try to reset the  bios with jumper but nothing better..Have you an idea ?

Many thanks in advance.

Christophe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.