Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Pavilion TP01-2165z 

Windows 11 Home

Version 21H2

OS Build 22000.434 , Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0

Monitor:  HP 2711x, HDMI video connection

Upon pressing the power button the light comes on but there is no activity on the screen and no error messages.  When I press the power button again the light flashes, then stays on and the normal boot begins, the login screen appears and all works normally.  The computer is only about 2 months old and worked fine until the last few weeks.  Now I have to go through this procedure every time I turn on the computer, although, once or twice it inexplicably booted up normally.  I do have several usb ports connected, one with a splitter that has the printer and backup drive (not on), keyboard and mouse.  I have seen suggestions to disable SATA Power Management through the bios but when I go into the bios I don't see that option.  I have run the basic diagnostics on the hardware and everything seems to check out ok.   Sure would appreciate some help with this.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

Is it every time, after turning off the computer normally?

Not much, little luck, but already tried this
Unplug everything except monitor, keyboard mouse
unplug the power plug from the wall
Long press the power button
Reconnect the plug, nothing else, and start
If that doesn't change anything except updating the bios, no idea.
but as it is risky, I advise you rather to use the guarantee
contact the dealer, or hp

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.