Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a DOZEN of HP ProDesk 600 G1 Mini desktop computers and all of them having the same issue where every few reboot (random), like after a windows update auto-reboot or a simple manual restart, the computer is showing the error "No system disk found" error. This issue appeared after I updated all the computer with SATA SSD instead of the factory rotating SATA 500 GB HDDs. All of the computers are fully up-to-date, BIOS is 02.33 (Apr 30, 2019) and all drivers are also up-to-date, so as the operating system (W10 Pro). When this issue happen, the fix is extremely easy and work at 100% of the time, I only have to power off the computer. Please also note that this issue NEVER happen during a cold-boot (from a power-off state), it only happens during a system restart (warm-boot)!

I could have suspected a SSD incompatibility for some reason, however all of the computers are using completely different brand/size/model of SSD, some are using ADATA, Sandisk, WD, Crucial and Kingston and no matter the brand/size/model of the SSD all computers are having the same issue.

This is very annoying because two of these computers are exclusively accessed by remote desktop for specific applications (headless computers) and since they are randomly not rebooting after windows updates, I loose access to the machine and need to return in the IT reboot to perform a cold-boot!

This issue is not new since I updated the dozen of computers with SATA SSD 2 years ago... so I am dealing with this issue for the past 2 years without any improvement due to BIOS update or something like that.

Any idea?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nobody really? HP staff??

So in conclusion, I am the only corporate customer in north america who purchase a bunch of HP ProDesk 600 G1 Mini PC and update them with SSD? Weird. 🙄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.