Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 310
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer won't turn on.  When I depress the power button,  it will sound like it is starting and then the power button turns to light blue.  The screen never turns on.  I have tried to unplug and hold power button for 30 second, but it still wont start.    I'd love to get it running again.   Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sounds to me like it's switching on, but not POSTING.

If that's the case, you'll need to remove the back cover and try taking out the RAM and see if it beeps at you when you turn it on. If it does, re-seat the ram modules one at a time and see if it powers on. If it's still doing the same thing, disconnect the the HDD and DVD drive, and other peripherals that are connected & see what happens then. Let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.