Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen

Guys please help,

I was try to update the HP rapid storage Software and after the installation it asked me to restart. 
when I restarted, my screen froze for about 5 minutes then showed the 3f2 error. 
I ran the quick hard disk test in the UEFI and it passed, but when I restart I still get the error. 
i looked online and people say go to the BIOS menu, boot options, and enable the legacy support. But when I did that my start up screen is stuck on “press ESC to get to the start up menu” but nothing happens. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Update: I have reseated the HDD and the SSD In my laptop, but still I’m getting the error, this is so confusing, why would the laptop pass the hard drive test if there is an issue 

HP Recommended

update: so after switching to legacy again in the BIOS menu, it worked this time by pressing F9 then ESC in the frozen start up screen.

But my laptop didnt detect the HDD drive, I open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app and it shows the following, what can i do now?

Annotation.png

HP Recommended

@Mandazi  Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting the 3F2 error.

You have to reinstall the windows.

To reinstall W10...Use the Media Creation Tool.  Make the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, since your PC is not working.

W10 will find the product key in the PC's BIOS, install and will automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run.
  2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
  3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
  4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

5. Select which media you want to use:
  6. USB flash drive.  Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Well, I tested my 2.5 SATA HDD on another PC and it didn't run. So I went and bought a 2.5 SATA SSD to replace the HDD, and it runs without any issues. But I'm still curious, how did updating the Intel Rapid Storage led to "frying" my HDD.

The dead HDD brand is Seagate, and the new 2.5 SSD is from Crucial.

Btw, this dead HDD was on an HP OMEN laptop that is only a year an half old, so I'm surprised the HDD failed this quick (thankfully it didn't contain the OS files).

FYI, I have an ASUS ROG laptop running since 2011 with an HDD that never failed (its also a Seagate 1TB).

The only strange thing I can report is that I have dropped this laptop exactly a year ago (it was inside a backpack) with no external damage, can that lead to an HDD failure after a whole year? 

HP Recommended

@Mandazi

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.