Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy model 700-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have followed all HO processes on 2015 Hp Emvy desktop as I have Hard disk error (3F0) Boot device not found  and wanting and operating systems installed .

I have done the whole F system to recover and check all available points to reset with no success . Is there another way without hard disk to recover this desktop which was working extremely well without any signs of issues and have a very good virus firewall etc protection systems in place

is there anything else to do before I take to a shop ?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kevin-38__ 

Sorry, I'm having problems understanding just what it is you want to do.

This message almost always indicates a failing drive -- and that would need to be replaced.  You will not be able to do a system recovery from a failing drive.

When you connect the new drive it is blank, so there is no Recovery information on the drive you can use to restore the PC.  You have to use external media and that will set up the PC to be just like it was when you first used it -- no matter how long ago that was.  So clearly, there will be no accounts, settings, personal data, or any apps you previously installed available on the newly installed system.

After that, you MIGHT be able to recover data from the old drive but the best you will be able to do is personal data. You will not be able to recover settings or apps.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.