Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq DC5800
Microsoft Windows Vista

We have been given a large number of HP desktop PCs by a third party company and we need to get them ready for resale. However, their company splash screen appears when the PC is booted.  We have tried a majority of things to remove the splash screen without success including:

- Reinstalling Vista

- Flashing the BIOS

- Checking for any startup tasks

Any ideas on how we could get these splash screens removed?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jack_T1 

Vista -- seriously?? No wonder they gave these to you.

But more seriously, I am probably about the only person on the planet who actually LIKED Vista -- it was much better than XP.

Back to business ... I read that going into the msconfig panel under the boot tab and disabling "no gui" prevents the splash screen from being displayed.  Since I got rid of my Vista PCs long ago, I can't try this to see if it works.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

The boot section of the BIOS is completely missing, strangely.

HP Recommended

@Jack_T1 

As I said, I have not used Vista in a long time -- so try entering MSCONFIG in the start area and that should open a windows -- and see what is there.

If that is not there, you will have to do some online searches -- as I have no Vista systems I can check for you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.