Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2WC72ea#abu All in one 24-e080na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install VMware workstation on to my PC. It has installed correctly however when I go to open an item from the library it says that AMD-V is supported but not enabled. How do I enable AMD-V on my machine? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ocm1uk Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know how to enable Virtualization. 

Please follow the below steps to Enabling or Disabling Virtualization Technology in BIOS.

1. Turn on the computer, and then immediately click F10 to enter BIOS.

2. Under the Security tab, use the up and down arrows to select USB Security, and then press Enter.

3. Use the up and down arrows to select Virtualization Technology (VTx), then use the left and right arrows to select either Enabled or Disabled as desired.

4. When you are finished, click F10 to save your changes and exit BIOS.

Please refer to the below link.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ocm1uk Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know how to enable Virtualization. 

Please follow the below steps to Enabling or Disabling Virtualization Technology in BIOS.

1. Turn on the computer, and then immediately click F10 to enter BIOS.

2. Under the Security tab, use the up and down arrows to select USB Security, and then press Enter.

3. Use the up and down arrows to select Virtualization Technology (VTx), then use the left and right arrows to select either Enabled or Disabled as desired.

4. When you are finished, click F10 to save your changes and exit BIOS.

Please refer to the below link.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.