Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M9265.uk
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi I've started a new thread.

Pc fans start and green light at the back is on.

Message on the monitor states 

1: analogue input in power save mode.

I have changed monitor, monitor cable and internal battery.

I'm guessing it is a graphics problem but don't want to buy 1 to find that 

A) that's not the issue

B) it's the wrong kind

Any help much appreciated thank you

Regards

M

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Mandymoomoo

Since the Computer is not even going through the Post Process, I suggest you perform a Power Drain and try getting into the BIOS

Remove all the cables and power cord excluding the mouse and Keyboard. Press and Hold the Power Button for 20 seconds

Put back the Power Cord and upon restarting keep tapping on the F10 Key till you see System Configuration Menu ( BIOS )

If you are unable to get to BIOS, Please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was as I suspected, my graphics card. Removed that and it booted up with the on-board graphics.

Question now is, Can I get a replacement or is it too old?

HP Recommended

@Mandymoomoo

Since the issue has been isolated to be with the Graphic Card, I suggest you check with HP Support for available Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.