Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop Tower 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I am having an and Issue with my ram I installed 16gb but only 14.9 is usable. I have done all I can within the OS but when try to access the RAM in the BIOS it is not there. I am assuming i need to update the Bios but how do I know what ROM version of the Bios i have?

According to HPs  website with the sunflower motherboard I have 2 options, 8433 or 8436 ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-690-0000-pc-series/19769765/mode... )

Can someone explain to me how i go about finding out my BIOS ROM

Side note if I upgrade CPU's do i need to update Bios or can the stay the same I was wondering if i can throw a AMD Ryzen7-2700  in once i can afford to with out any issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The motherboard SSID tells you the correct BIOS version to use when updating the BIOS.

Your motherboard SSID is 8433 and can be found at this (Link) in "Motherboard description".

You can use this BIOS update (Link).

Are you saying no RAM appears in the BIOS? That should not be happenng if Windows detects 16 GB of RAM and 14.9 GB  of RAM as usable.

Anyway, AMD reserves some RAM for integrated graphics, I don't believe you can use this reserved RAM.

I don't think the above BIOS update will fix this problem.

The Ryzen 2700 CPU (65 watt) has been validated by HP to work in your motherboard.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The motherboard SSID tells you the correct BIOS version to use when updating the BIOS.

Your motherboard SSID is 8433 and can be found at this (Link) in "Motherboard description".

You can use this BIOS update (Link).

Are you saying no RAM appears in the BIOS? That should not be happenng if Windows detects 16 GB of RAM and 14.9 GB  of RAM as usable.

Anyway, AMD reserves some RAM for integrated graphics, I don't believe you can use this reserved RAM.

I don't think the above BIOS update will fix this problem.

The Ryzen 2700 CPU (65 watt) has been validated by HP to work in your motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am Using a 1050gtx so there should be no reason AMD needs to reserve that ram for integrated graphics correct?

The Bios does not allow me to edit my ram or even has a option to look at ram.

Thank you for the quick response and answering most of my questions

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

AMD motherboards reserve RAM for onboard video.

I don't believe you can change this in the BIOS.

The amount of installed RAM should be displayed on the main BIOS screen.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, I was able to find the RAM on the BIOS. Kinda sucks AMD boards reserve ram but at lease i know for next time! thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.