Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop 260-a020

My friend gave me an old hp desktop and the graphics are completely broken, It will not display on any monitor using any port. I have been trying to use it as a server but secure boot is preventing me from booting linux on the pc. Is it possible to disable secure boot without a monitor?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I don't believe you can disable secure boot and enable Legacy support without access to the BIOS. So you need video to do this.

Remove the discrete graphics card and try on board graphics if applicable.

The MB may be in trouble if integrated graphics has failed.

Regards

HP Recommended

The machine does not have discrete graphics, only integrated. My friend was able to confirm that the PC was booting with windows by seeing that it was discoverable on his home WiFi network, so I think the motherboard is ok except for the graphics. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know how you are going to overcome the fact that integrated graphics is in trouble.

Integrated graphics is baked into the motherboard and CPU. That's why I believe you have a MB or CPU problem.

You have tried different monitors and data cables, still no graphics. 

You can't install a discrete graphics card successfully because Secure boot is enabled. You can't disable Secure boot because you don't have video.

Not a good situation.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.