Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-14-2021 06:04 AM
Hi, I have recently bought a HP Omen 30L desktop and when it goes into sleep mode, sometimes it will not wake back up. If you leave it in sleep mode for more than a couple of minutes, the rear fan kicks up to high and the keyboard will no longer wake the system up. Also once this happens the power button no longer turns the system off and I am forced to unplug/replug it from the wall to resume using the system. This computer is a week old as of (8/14/21). I have tried all the settings options, allowing the keyboard to wake the computer (etc.) i Have tried updating windows/BIOS. I have tried resetting BIOS from safe mode startup.. The only remedy i have found so far is to not allow the computer to sleep at all. Please help me to resolve this issue or advise if I should send the PC back. Thank you.
08-14-2021 09:57 AM
@Samus4000100 -- once this happens the power button no longer turns the system off
Hold-down the power-button for 30 seconds. By then, the computer should power-off.
> This computer is a week old as of (8/14/2021).
1. Take it back to the store that sold it to you, and exchange this "dud".
2. Take it back to the "support" department of that store, and get them to fix it, at no cost to you.
3. with your purchase, you get free telephone-based support from HP. Telephone them.
08-19-2021 05:11 AM
As this is a software issue(brand new hardware, obv not the problem), the store will not fix it for free. They would have charged 100 dollars to reinstall windows.(**bleep**ty of them) also I had already phoned HP twice. They had no clue how to fix this either. So I opted to return it to Best Buy and have them send me another. If they send a second one with the same issue, I will attempt to fix again before returning and getting a different computer elsewhere.
08-21-2021 10:12 AM
I have received the second PC. Still HP Omen 30L. However, I found I had the same problem once again. This time though, I played with the energy performance slider bar. When on best performance, the computer had the same sleep issue as before. However when changed back to the stock middle position the computer no longer has this sleep issue. Which leads me to believe that this is a windows 10 issue.
09-24-2021 05:56 PM
I was facing the same problem with my freshly bought Omen 30L... after searching all the forums and web, trying all the different methods and talking to the HP support with no success i finally found the solution to the "not waking up from sleep mode problem" AND the "setting Hyper X Fury lights in Omen Gaming Hub not available warning"
The steps i took:
1. Open Windows Settings -> Updates and Security
2. Press the advanced alternatives options
3. Turn on "get updates for other microsoft products when i update windows"
4. Go back one step and search for updates
5. There will show up optional updates there
6. Expand the updates and there should be something called "HP Firmware", instal it and everything else that might had shown up.
7. Computer will restart and go in to a BIOS update screen, let it finish the install
8. After starting back up, login and test your fixed computer
I could after the fact also remember this working for one other guy in a reddit post. but without mentioning all the steps to find the "HP Firmeware" update. Also note that the HP Support Assistant did NOT find this update, and support guy mentioned that i was on the latest BIOS update and had to wait...
If this solves it for you, mark it as solution and try to share it in another forum so that someone more can get the needed help for these annoying problems on new and fresh PCs.
HP Omen 30L
AMD Ryzen 7