Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC recently returned a BSOD Attempted write to read only memory failure message, and it is now refusing to startup properly.

I've managed to get into the HP Advanced System diagnostics tool, where the memory test returned a memory module failure. 

Additionally, I have some suspicions over the power supply as a previous attempt to startup saw my power button flash amber three times, and it has struggled on occasion to get going lately. Which is a shame as it works brilliantly once its started up OK. 

Am I able to use the failure ID to identify which of my two 4Gb memory modules to replace, or is there another way to start my PC up and use the memtest application? 

Many thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RikM1

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting correctly, and you are getting bluescreen error.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you boot the computer with a single memory and check whether the computer boots correctly, and you can do the same with the other memory to find out which memory is gone bad on the computer. Also, change the memory slots to make sure that it is not a problem with the memory slot on the motherboard.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.