Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp Pavillion All in One Computer Turns on but won't start up

HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion MS200

I have an All in One Hp Pavillion MS200 and for the past few weeks I have been needing to use the computer. But, when I turn it on the power button's light comes on but the computer does NOT start up and the screen is still black. So, I tried taking the power cord out and holding the power button for 5 secs, then put the cord back in and try turning it on like google said. But, the same thing happened. I also thought it was just the keyboard acting up so I turned the computer on and pressed Esc repeatedly to see if it would change anything but It didn't. I also did the same thing by pressing F8 repeatedly. I need help and I do not know what to do, Could someone please help me to solve the issue?

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
6,080 6,066 573 1,283
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It sounds like you have a hardware problem if you cannot access the startup menu by tapping ("ESC") at system startup.

Possible causes:

External power supply

Motherboard

Integrated or discrete  motherboard component.

This means: you may need HP factory service or you need to have a local PC technician diagnose the problem.

All in One PCs usually have everything  (except RAM modules) integrated on the motherboard.

Regards

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation