Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Proone 400 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have Hp Proone 400 g1, computer was stuck at windows recovery screen and we had to cut electric. After this situation there was a problem to open computer.

- when i try to pus power button...only power led blinking white for one second (fan working when blinking). then it stop. it is trying to start but closed. it continious to lighting white and stoping infinitive. 1 second try to work- stop for  second  

- no video on screen

- hdd led working when i push power button. power button is working.

-5V_aux light on the system board turns on 

-19,5 v on adapter.

- i take out RAM and try to start, mainbooad signals there is no RAM (5 bip)-i put RAM to slot again and it was contionue same problem.

i opened back cover and cant see any problem or fired electronic part. board looked clean.

What can is do? Can you give me any clue?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am not trying to Windows Update? Error accoured on disk when using windows and windows restarted. Restoring and fixing solutions. Again same problem 2 - 4 days. Then suddenly computer did not start, any screen and any beep. only blinking power button.

i try lots of things but it dont open.  i was thinking there was problem with mainboard. There is a PWD pins on mainboard. I take jumper on it and put it on next pins, then computer worked. i put this jumper back to PWD pin but it stoped working again. then i put this jumper to next pins. and dont change its position.  it was working. i changed hard disk with new one and install fresh windows.

After 10 days it started to disk error again. i tested ram and there was no ram problem. i tried to change ram and problem was finished. RAM was working but it had sly problem. i try to put jumpers to first position it continue to work. (i changed jumper when computer closed.)

Thank you for your interest.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bilganjeliq 

You said the PC hung on Windows Recovery.  Were you trying to do a Windows Update?  Or were you trying to do a Windows Restore or Factory Reset?  And if so, what was the problem you were trying to fix?

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am not trying to Windows Update? Error accoured on disk when using windows and windows restarted. Restoring and fixing solutions. Again same problem 2 - 4 days. Then suddenly computer did not start, any screen and any beep. only blinking power button.

i try lots of things but it dont open.  i was thinking there was problem with mainboard. There is a PWD pins on mainboard. I take jumper on it and put it on next pins, then computer worked. i put this jumper back to PWD pin but it stoped working again. then i put this jumper to next pins. and dont change its position.  it was working. i changed hard disk with new one and install fresh windows.

After 10 days it started to disk error again. i tested ram and there was no ram problem. i tried to change ram and problem was finished. RAM was working but it had sly problem. i try to put jumpers to first position it continue to work. (i changed jumper when computer closed.)

Thank you for your interest.

HP Recommended

@Bilganjeliq 

You've done a lot to try and fix this -- but unfortunately, this sounds like hardware problems and we can do nothing to diagnose or repair those.

You would have to take the PC into a local PC repair shop to see what they can find out and what it would take to fix it.  It sounds very much like an intermittent motherboard problem and that would be very expensive to fix.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.