Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion dv6-2124eo
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I press the power button, Caps and Num lock white lights flash once. But not anymore. And sound and wifi are constantly lit red / orange. There ane no beeps to be heard. The fan is running and the screen remains black? But there are no more flashes from the Caps and Num lock lamps. What can it be?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

dv6 is laptop, not desktop.....

and very old. 2009 ,is 11 years ago

and this DV6 has CCLF lamps, not good that EVER.

I do not do laptops but here I god.

1: remove thE ac power pack from wall jack AC.

2: remove the huge battery and leave it out, forever or until all test on PC pass F12 tests.

3: then learn the RTC coin cells battery  is bad as is above. replace the coin now. OR bios WILL BE DEAD.

4: now put back AC pack only (not huge battery)

5 PUSH POWER BUTTON FOR 10 FULL SECONDS AND RELEASE DOES PC SHOW screen text ,logos or anything?

6: with flash light to do this. if see data the CCFL lamps are dead.

see if you can get to 6. and report what you see, first off all batteries are now no good and far worse shorted.

and CCFL dead. (cclf can fail in  5 short  years )"back lamps, LCD screen"

and last HDD fails HDD tests in F12 testing.

let me guess PC ran for 11 years and died today or found this old dog at a garage sale for $5?

history matters, on all things, man made. some things have short lives .

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Ok followed all the steps, only when Holding the ON Burton for 5 sek. the pc gives a beep and shots off imediatly. 
but nothing has changed. Still not booting. 
same lights and no reaction. Tried with a flashlight and nothing there. 
history yes : mine from new. 
some years ago we stopped using it. And a few years after i tryed to start it again but it youldent boot just like now. So i took out the HD and placed in another laptop and started with no probs. 
fornd and coppied the files i needed from it and placed it back. And left it in the closet. 
so the bios has been without battery for some years now. Im guessuing thats not good for it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.