Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion all in one desktop product no N1Y01EA
Hi I am having issues with my sons pavilion all in one desktop. It won't switch on at all, no start up noise or light just completely dead. The only life visible is from the light where the power supply goes into. I have tried all the normal trouble shooting suggestions, unplugging all externals and holding the power button in whilst unplugged with no joy and connecting another monitor but still no joy. He literally switched the pc off and then when switching it back on it wouldn't come on. I am no expert when it comes to technical issues with computers but can follow trouble shooting guides which I have to the T. Wondering if I just bite the bullet and pay someone to take a look but thought I'd ask in a forum as a last chance saloon scenario. Any ideas or advice please will be much appreciated. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Angierose76, welcome to the forum.

What happened to your son's computer is very common.  The computer is running great, but when it is shut down it doesn't boot.  This is because one of the components is ready to fail and one last surge of power takes it out.

If you have followed this Troubleshooting Guide, the only suggestion I can give you is, test the AC power adapter to assure that it hasn't failed.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 23-q055na Touchscreen All-in-One PC

my guess is this.  it.

try a new power pack?> (LED mean little, 2v and they glow)

use voltmeter to check power pack voltage. 19.5vdc, 

3 years old

power dead.

fan dead.

screen dead. never a logo or text ever. now.

right?

if the power pack is good, what else is there,.   well 2  things,

1: bad main board.

2: or anything module-wise plugged into it shorted.  HDD, Display, RAM.  so we remove those and see if at least the fan wakes up.  or screeen shows any thing,  get BIOS screens working first.

if you go to shop and spend $300

and later find the $15 Power pack was bad, be a shame. no? ebay that pack, see? 90w /19.5vdc pack

i see it uses the very common HP coax power connectors there, fat and strong .

ALL PCs die, not one lives for ever.

just like cars. and ....

top failures on old PC not same as new. (BOTH)

Bad battery,  RTC  TINY coin cell or if A laptop its main HUGE battery is #1 all time failure of PCs.

Bad HDD. (they last 10years.) or less.

Bad LCD BACK lamps, (CCFL) , on old LCD older than 2010 year. but if PC dead silent, fan and HDD, this is not it.

Power pack died.  eaSsy to buy , easy to plug in and and cheap, why wait? (or learn how to test it, ask?

the pack is 90watts not 65w.

The HP parts pages show, they sell near nothing for this PC. (lists them and snows N/A)

even the main boaRD IS MISSING in the list, tells me the PC is toy grade. (lacking P/n for that !)

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=N1Y01EA

this is your MOBO

The coin cell is tested first 3.3v good below 2.9v bad.  some last 5 to 7 years, but luck can be bad on all batteries made.

then test it with ram sticks 1 by 1, in bank 0 first.

see if one stick is bad or shorted. that way.

unplug all HDD, or ODD (dvd option is present)

I see this sold on EBAY for $20 smackers. if it proves dead. (says pulled from new PC)

all-in-one-23Q.JPG

my comments are mine and mine alone, im not HP and I am a retired tech.

This is a long post, due to the odd nature of all-in-one PCs, (non standard,)   on real desktops we have vast options.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hello

I had the same issue 3 days ago; i disassemblied the PC and when I pushed the button on the circuit board, it worked.

It was just a mechanical problem : the plastic device didn't work properly

Hopefully it Will help you

Sorry for my english, I'm french

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.