Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
d6930us
Microsoft Windows Vista

So I use a older laptop, and every time I bring it out of sleep, it runs abnormally slow, pegging the CPU at 100 constantly, and when I try to open any programs, games, etc, it BSODs and throws driver power state failure. It runs Vista ultimate with all updates and up-to-date drivers. Its a dv6930us 4gb ram 2.0 ghz core 2 duo and 512mb integrated graphics 965 series. Any help appreciated. edit; is it a problem that I modify software to run on it? I modified firefox version 63 to run on it, but it never did this before. It just started yesterday and i modified firefox months ago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Creakw

Yes, that's right. Refer to the below article to perform a recovery on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Creakw

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run a System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didn't work, it just opened up a os selector and f2 did nothing, but I appreciate your help! 

HP Recommended

Since you are unable to run the Hardware Diagnostic you could try resetting the OS and check

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So that would be mashing f11 until the hp recovery thing opens?

HP Recommended

@Creakw

Yes, that's right. Refer to the below article to perform a recovery on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the help! It worked.

HP Recommended

@Creakw

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.