Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-26-2020 01:41 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Touch screen pavilion laptop is stuck toggling about every second between tablet mode and desktop mode. It won't respond to any screen clicks or keyboard prompts.
I've attempted a factory reset with the F11 key, but the Choose an option screen that is supposed to appear, doesn't.
1 REPLY 1
07-01-2020 12:27 PM
@Lpuga, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps:
Go to Settings > System > Tablet mode >
Under: When I sign in, select Use appropriate mode
Under: When this device automatically... select Always ask me before switching.
Solution 2 – Use Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics Tool to test your sensors
- Download Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics Tool.
- Start the tool and select the HID Sensor Collection: Inclinometer.
- Pay attention to Data box since it displays number of tilt degrees.
- Rotate your device and check if the values of degrees change
- If the number of degrees is changing, the issue is related to software, but if values stay the same, it means that your sensors aren’t working, so you might want to send your tablet to a repair shop.
- Before trying all of this remember to update your device using Windows Update since latest updates usually fix most software issues, so they might fix problems with auto rotation.
Solution 3: If the screen still does not rotate in tablet mode then please try the following steps:
Win + R -> type 'regedit' and hit Enter
Registry editor will open up.
Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation. Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.
Restart and check for the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community