10-19-2019 09:33 PM
When I boot my computer it just beeps and won’t let me enter administrator/ power on password. Is there something I am missing? It is the bios boot admin / power on prompt that doesn’t show anything in the box when I type the password even when I just hit enter it won’t do nothing. I just have to hold the power button down to shut it off or else the beeping drives me nuts
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-19-2019 09:55 PM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
According to the Community's Rules of Participation:
4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.
Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.
10-22-2019 06:45 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee