Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot exit out of "HP Menu" (F10-Setup, Esc-Boot, F9-Diagnostics, etc)

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-300 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot exit "HP Menu" (Esc = Boot, F10= Setup, F12= Boot from LAN, F11 = System Recovery, F9= Diagnostics).  I had recently updated Windows 10 and everything seemed to be going ok and did a "Restart".  Well that's when I saw the HP Menu.  How do I get out of the HP Menu and get back to the Windows Welcome Screen?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Esc = Boot

Pressing the 'Esc' key (top-left of your keyboard) should cause the computer to restart (nicknamed the "boot" process, after the phrase "pulling oneself up by one's own boot-straps").

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When the Desktop powers on it gets stuck on the HP "Splash"  Screen!  I can press Esc (boot up) to the cows come home nothing happens!  Nothing happens after pressing F10 or F12 either.  PLUS, I noticed the DVD drive when pressed doesn't open.  I have a Pavilion Elite HPE-390t CTO Desktop and never had a problem until 1/10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I noticed the DVD drive when pressed doesn't open. 

With the computer turned-off, straighten one end of a paper-clip, and insert that end into the small hole in the face-plate of the DVD device, until you feel resistance. 

Then, firmly push another 1/4 inch (5 mm), until you feel the tray "unlock" -- the tray will open slightly.

Gently, pull the tray fully open.

Power-on the computer, and see if power reaches the DVD device, and the tray retracts to its "closed" position.

If not, then I suggest that you have a problem with the power-supply.

Also, when the "splash" screen is visible, try the TAB key, not the ESC key, to dismiss that screen.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation