Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The info on your tower is not going to match the new motherboard!!

HP Recommended

You have not even read my question, my new mother board is blank, because they don't come with my computers serial number,or any of the feature byte info.  I have an older machine,2014. Please don't send me your answer to My question with out reading it first,OK?

HP Recommended

I have read what you are asking for. If BIOS on your new board does not automatically recognize your system hardware then your board is not compatible with your old hardware. The info you are wanting to put in does not amount to a hill of beans.

HP Recommended

Hey My Computer is working, I'm using it now, and All your saying I understand, My three hard drives show up, and My 970 EVGA graphics card works better because with the original build this Phoenix had a less card so not all the plugs worked on My power supply. This new Motherboard is the same in Every Way, same part numbers Every Thing, BUT THERE IS A PLACE TO TYPE IN THE SERIAL NUMBER THAT IS BLANK, along with I identifying numbers that need to be interred.  wrote the company that loaded the BIOS into this mother board, he said HP. I contacted MSI they said HP, I contacted Microsoft, they said HP, and I contacted Smart Friends they said HP, but here I am, and one little thing, I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE, and I was told the key strokes by GUESS WHO, "HP"  Just because you don't know something does not mean it is not so!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.