Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: spectre x360

I just got my spectre x360 today and I was configuring it, I was about to type my information when the laptop turned into the blue screen and saying it was about to restart to fix the errors (inaccesible boot device), and since then the laptop does not turn on after the hp logo/blue screen and I have tried lots of things to make it work.

i have no information nor documents inside the laptop because i never really get to use it before it failed, any type of help I would appreciate it, thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Dan, do you mean it's a brand new computer and you experience "inaccessible boot device" error while configuring it for the first time

HP Recommended

Yes! That’s right, it says inaccessible boot device and all I could do before that was accepting policies and agreements and enter my internet password, that’s all and then it went blue screen 

HP Recommended

I understand. Such issue can be caused by several issues, such as hard drive not found, wrong settings, bad BIOS. In your case, I will suggest that you check the hard drive if it sits well, enable AHCI Mode in BIOS, or get rid of "update pending" packages. I found some workable solutions on https://www.att-email-settings.com/fix-inaccessible-boot-device-error/ it may help you too.

If my post helps, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks. **Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem**

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.