Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Phoenix h9-1190jp
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had just recently purchased GTX1060 in order to replace my broken GTX580. But after replacing it and start up my PC it just get stucked on the HP logo splash screen and can't move any further to the BIOS anymore.

My model is HP Phoenix h9-1190jp, motherboard is Pegatron 2ACE BIOS updated to the latest ver7.15.

This is how my BIOS looked like.
https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5258492&MEID=CF4A5A23-9E30-49BA-B0A3-F684208E0589

What should I do to make it work on my PC. I needed to use it already.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

New AMD and Nvidia graphics cards require a UEFI BIOS to initialize. UEFI BIOS versions start at 8.xx.

You are limited to Nvidia 600 series graphics cards unless there is a BIOS update to a 8.xx BIOS version.

I can't locate a h9-1190jp HP product. I am pretty sure the Pittsburgh motherboard, made by Pegatron, installed in your PC is not UEFI BIOS capable.

Regards

HP Recommended

So, there's no hope anymore...? (´・ω・`)
I can't even replace a graphic card even though I had used large amount of money to purchase this PC.

As for the product info here it is. Yup, it's a Pittsburgh motherboard by Pegatron.
[edit]

Thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

Hi YamiReo,

Thanks for the product link.

Your PC cannot run the Nvidia 700, 900, 1000, or 2000 series graphics cards.

You would have to look at a 600 series Nvidia GPU.

Your PC is CTO so I don't know the specs on the factory PSU.

You may have to upgrade this component to run a 660 or a 670. These cards usually need 500 watts or higher.

The cards also require supplemental PSU connections to power the graphics cards.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have no idea which Nvidia 600 are able to run on my PC. What I heard was some people said they can run with GTX 660 but some of them said they can't run on the same graphic card.
While I asked HP they only said they had tested on GTX 580 only.

While my PSU shouldn't be a problem with power, it was max 600W by Delta Electronics(China). It does have 6pin + 8pin for the GTX 580 since the board consume high wattage.

http://www.pc-specs.com/psu/Delta/Delta_DPS-600WB_A/2002

It shouldn't be a problem as for power GTX 580 consume around 244W while GTX 1060 is around 140W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.