Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CD0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my 3 year old Pavilion Laptop, I started getting a 3f2 hard drive failure every time I turn my laptop on. I assumed the drive was failing so I replaced it. After replacing the hard drive, I was still getting the error. I have reseated the drive, unplugged and replugged the sata ribbon cable, and I've done the hardware scan in the BIOS. The BIOS scan showed both the old and the new hard drives were good and healthy. 

I'm a bit confused as to what it could be, any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wow, completely out of left field. 

Yes, it turned out to be the disk drive. I have no idea what would cause that. The disk drive still reads CDs, but to avoid getting the error I removed the drive and sealed where it was. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Seeing the same problem using two HDDs could suggest the SATA cable may be in trouble or the motherboard SATA controller has issues. Or the DVD drive is causing the error.

HP diagnostics pass but the error persists.

Regards

HP Recommended

Wow, completely out of left field. 

Yes, it turned out to be the disk drive. I have no idea what would cause that. The disk drive still reads CDs, but to avoid getting the error I removed the drive and sealed where it was. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.