Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My keyboard does not have any Function Keys. How do I select an option once the bios screen appears? I can get to the bios screen via the Esc key but then no key to select an option. 

HP All-In-One 24DF

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

you have different options
f10 key..
esc key, then select to go to the bios
or by restarting the computer, after a manipulation
I explain it here

Solved: Re: How to access BIOS at startup - HP Support Community - 8255899

After Windows 10 installation no access to BIOS - HP Support Community - 8439115

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks but that did not help. I need to know keys to press to select an option when the bios screen opens.

As I said, I dont have any F keys on my keyboard, only  fn and the Windows Key. 

HP Recommended

Read the given links carefully.
unless your computer can no longer start ..?
I have indicated an option that allows you to restart directly in the bios
please also indicate the exact model of the computer, if possible more information about this keyboard

If nothing possible, then it will be necessary to find a keyboard, with the keys

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It's not a matter of restarting or getting to view the bios menu, I can do that but don't know what keys on my keyboard I can use to navigate the bios selections.

HP All-in-One 24 df1xxx
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Keyboard USB Enhanced 101 Key
Number of function keys 12
Standard PS/2 Keyboard

KeyboardKeyboard

HP Recommended

Sorry "HP All-in-One 24 df1xxx "

it's not a model
BIOS Setup Utility information and menu options

I understand what you mean, because it is visible in the f10 bios to validate, is that it?
I would have to check, because it seems to me that I do not always use this key, only I have a doubt, and in all that I have found, nothing indicates how to do with this type of keyboard!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-df1000i/37920947/model/2100381699/product-i...

[edit] I am limited in the tests, because I do not have this type of keyboard, all have the F1>f12 function
If for some manipulation, the enter key is enough, then navigate, accept the changes etc.
sometimes no choice, I had to use F10
it's actually curious, have you tried with the fn key + other key?
I haven't found anything in the product support, and on the net, so far all of them seem to have a keyboard "with Fx function"
I advise you to contact hp, they must be able to explain how to do it, if not, why not provide the right keyboard

[edit]

wait, I have a very big doubt
I can't distinguish well enough, but since I can't find any other such example/problem..
What is written in very small letters on the first line of the keyboard at the top next to the mute, play, search etc. keys?

it looks a lot like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNFwzBH12rU
and you can see the f keys

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Perhaps it just can't be done with this keyboard. I have found nothing on it as I have searched the net.

I will replace the keyboard since it is a VERY bad design from HP anyway. 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

In effect
please come back and indicate what you bought, it may help other users
but from what i found, no reason why it shouldn't work with this one

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.