Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-30-2020 01:02 PM
Product: HP OMEN 15-dh1xxx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I open my laptop and press the power button the power light turns on and the caps lock button blinks. That’s all that happens. The keyboard doesn’t light up nor does the boot up sequence begin.
I’ve tried to hard reset it but I might be doing it wrong.
Also my battery is enclosed if that is useful information
3 REPLIES 3
09-02-2020 08:04 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.
Let's reseat the hard drive and memory:
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 - 15 seconds to turn off the computer.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- If your notebook model features a removable battery, remove the battery.
- Disconnect and reconnect the internal hard drive and Memory. For instructions, see the Maintenance and Service Guide for your notebook model. Locate these in the User Guides section of your notebook product page on the HP Customer Support website.
- After connecting the hard drive and reassembling the computer, try to start the computer normally.
If reseating the hard drive and memory does not resolve the problem, I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-04-2020 09:34 AM
The laptop stopped working properly about 4 days ago. It was right after a laptop. I didn’t make the report until recently because it did turn on every once in a while.
no I haven’t made any hardware changes nor have I changed the settings.
I’m pretty ticked off about it because I had only had the laptop for about 4 days before it started bugging out
I’ll try the tips you gave me and reply with what occurred
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community