Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just received an evaluation unit for our organization: Prodesk 600G6 SFF.

We used almost all previous iterations (G1, G2, etc). However this one is different. When I'm trying to enable legacy boot I do (as before) disable secure boot first, reboot, enter the 4 digit code, but Legacy Boot options nowhere to be found.

What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you follow all steps described at this (Link)? 

Look at "Secure Boot setting for business notebooks and workstations".

Contact HP Support if the above directions fail.

Regards

HP Recommended

Of course I did. It is a newer BIOS different even from the previous generation.

Anyways...I talked with HP systems Engineer. They removed this option from BIOS.

Bummer.

HP Recommended

Did they tell you why they removed Legacy mode for the Bios. 

We utilize legacy mode for cloning

HP Recommended

That's exactly what I've been told.

HP Recommended

THey said it was done for some security reasons. We used it for cloning as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.