Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

When I reboot the system, two error messages occur as below:

2210 Parameter Frame Error

ME BIOS Extension module execution has halted. Update BIOS or management engine firmware if problem persists.

2206-End of POST HECI Failure system halted. Power cycle the system to reboot.

I have also updated the BIOS v01.59. Previous version was v01.04

Kindly suggest.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi Mukeshpunshi,

Try some of the solutions recommended in this older forums post on the same issue:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Compaq-Elite-Pro/ME-Error-on-Compaq-dc5800/td-p/940477#.U3...

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

This link also could not resolve my issue. The problem persists even after updating the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Did you try resetting the CMOS?

Also, have you tested your memory to make sure all modules are working?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I've tried by resetting the CMOS and replaced the memory modules and even updated the BIOS with v01.59 but still the problem persists.

Moreover when I reset the CMOS and reboot the system without saving the configuration with F1; instead I press F2, then the Windows starts normally. But as soon as I save the setup configuration, the same error messages occur.  

HP Recommended

Hmmm....I'm not sure what else to try at this point. When you boot into Windows normally (after pressing F2), does your PC continue without error?

HP Recommended

By removing CMOS battery and booting without saving configuration (by pressing F2 instead of F1), the windows starts normally. But as soon as the BIOS configuration is saved, the error messages 2210 & 2206 appear on the screen.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what else to try....have you made sure all your other firmware is up to date? How about checked the CMOS battery to make sure it's still good?

HP Recommended

I am running into the same error on a DC7900. I have also update the BIOS but can't update the firmware. I get the message firmware not updated because BIN file is open or defective. I've redownloaded the BIN file and same issue.

I can't see how the BIN is open to close it.

Added info, the boot error only appears if I have an external drive attached via USB. Is there some setting in the BIOS I need to turn on, or off, as the case may be.

HP Recommended

Hi fuddleduddle,

It sounds like your BIOS sees the USB drive as a bootable device rather than storage. I don't have a way to check that BIOS, and it's a little older so I'm not positive what options it has. But if you check the bootable devices, see if the removable drive is there. If so, disable it as a bootable device.

Another thing to chekc would be if there is a "Storage" option in the BIOS menu, open it and go to Storage Options. See if the removeable drive is listed there and if you can enable/disable it. If so, try changing enabling/disabling and then starting the PC to see if it makes a difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.