Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Dear community!

I have trying to solve the following issue without success so far:

one beep and

"ME is in recovery state ...

2210-Parameters Frame Error"

message during the booting.

Other symptom is that when I shoot down from Windows first it is switch off but then it is swithcing power back again, no led flashig but CPU fan operates in full speed. Only complete power down (switching off the power socket) reset the situation. 

The PC is owned by one of my client. To my knowlede one modification has happend on the PC so far. Someone replaced the HDD to a bigger one (1 TB, currently I coud not check the make and model).

I did upgradedthis PC to the latest BIOS without any problem.

I tried to update ME firmvare to the latest (sp46137)(current is 3.0.1.1104) but I got error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". 

Earlier Windows 7 Ultimate was installed on this PC which is not supported by the ME BIOS therfore I downgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium but it does not solved this issue.

I have one idea left - I might replace the motherboard but I do not sure it solve this.

I would appreciate any help on this. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> no LED flashing but CPU fan operates in full speed.

> Only complete power down (switching off the power socket) reset the situation. 

Normally, at "power-on", the fan immediately does run at 100% speed (and 100% noise).

Then, the POST (Power On Self Test) is launched.

After it measures the temperature of the motherboard and of the processor, and finds that everything is literally "cool", it tells the fan to slow down.

If the POST does not launch (for whatever reason), the fan stays at 100%, until you hold-down the ON/OFF button for 10 seconds, to force the motherboard to power-off.

I do not know the reason that your "restart" operation is not working correctly.

HP Recommended

Hello Mdklassen!

Thank you for yor explanation. It is clear and make sense. 

However I would like to solve the fault: ME is in recovery state ..., 2210-Parameters Frame Error.

I hope I will get some hint from the community.

Once more, thanks for your reply.

Best regards, Antal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.