Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
VH240a Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My monitor won’t boot up to the main screen, it turns on and theirs a pop up saying “HDMI Not Found and VGA Not Found” and that goes away then another one comes and says “Input Signal Not found”. I’ve tried numerous things as of making sure all the cables are plugged in and ram slots are tightly secured aswell as GPU, I’ve plugged my HDMI to my motherboard AND gpu and it doesn’t work either, I’ve had this monitor for 2 years, I’ve used it around 50 times or more, I only play on my console using the monitor. My monitor in exact name from the order is “

(No Advertisment included) , I’m not sure what to do now, could anyone please be a life saver for me? Thank you very much! And also I’ve tried 2 different hdmi cables and this is from my new Gaming Desktop to my Monitor. (Links to pictures for what my monitor displays: (Links to pictures of what my monitor is displaying: https://ibb.co/LzMGWQR
https://ibb.co/m8cfm0M)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can anyone please help me? If you have any idea please help a bud out.

HP Recommended

@Alex2s

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Perform the following steps until a picture is displayed on the monitor:

1. Make sure the computer or device that is connected to the monitor is using the correct video output source.

If you are trying to view video from a set-top box, DVD player or similar device, use its menu system to set the proper video output channel so that it matches the video connection are using. For example, if the monitor is connected to a satellite receiver via a second HDMI connection on the back of the receiver, select HDMI-2 (or similar) using the remote control for the receiver.

2. If the monitor has an input or source button, press it.

On some monitors, the video input or source selection can be found in the onscreen menu system. If so, press the Menu button on the monitor and use the front panel buttons to select Switch Video Input.

3. Connect the monitor to another computer and turn the computer on. See what happens:

• If the monitor correctly displays an image from another computer, the monitor works and the video on the original computer is incompatible, faulty, or sending too weak of a video signal. Make sure the computer is truly sending a display resolution that is compatible with a monitor and not set to display video for a TV. If necessary, service the computer to fix the video hardware or video drivers on the computer. If you have an HP or Compaq computer, see the Contact HP page to find service.

• If the monitor remains blank when it is connected to another computer, the monitor might be damaged and should be repaired or replaced. See the Contact HP page to find service.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.