Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop shuts down randomly and idk why. I’ve uninstalled all programs and removed upgraded hardware. (4TB HDD & 8GB 3200 Samsung UDIMM). I just took my last known option was a system restore from factory and it has now shut down while in the middle of that. I’m afraid I have a bad apple of the bunch! Ideas!?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would try HP boot Diagnostics. Start the PC. Tap "ESC", select "F2".

Run system and component tests.

The tests will not detect a possible power supply problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Been there done that. It doesn’t ever find an error.

HP Recommended

I agree with you and I have ran those tests. Still powers off...

HP Recommended

Pretty good guess. Is there a way to test the power supply? Voltage? Etc. There is no green light on the back of the case. The Quick Setup guide says to contact support if there is no green light.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.