Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Office 365
Other

My computer keeps repeating the same thing over and over it saying “attempting to recover installation but it’s just not doing anything. I’ve tried restarting it and it still won’t stop. After it says “attempting to recover installation” it goes pitch back for a second or two and repeats it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please provide a HP model or product number and the operating system you are using. 

Older PCs can exhibit this behavior when a Windows update is not compatible with current hardware or certain software/hardware drivers.

We need more information.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi

First please try this...
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

This works for most HP Laptops (and some Desktops)...

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.

HP Recommended

@SoothingStar

You didn't provide us enough detailed information ...

First off, your heading mentions Office 365 -- but this is a Windows problem, not an Office problem.  So, we needed to know the version of Windows you are using (i.e., Win7, Win8x, Win10) not Office.

Second, this message is typically followed by the phrase : Restoring your previous version of Windows". If yours ALSO had that wording, we need to know that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.