Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey I wanted to know why it’s says boot device not found on my hp computer I’ve already sorted the memory and others and I won’t let me get back into my computer 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please provide a specific HP Product number.

Your HDD or SSD may have failed.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link) to check hardware. HP Hardware diagnostic options vary by HP PC manufacturing dates.

You may have to replace the storage device.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are the HDD(s) being detected in BIOS? Do they pass F2 quick diags? Try changing from Legacy boot to UEFI and/or secure boot. Or the other way around if it's already UEFI.

Is the boot order correct? As in, if you have more than one HDD, is the one with Windows on it selected as the primary hdd in the BIOS boot order?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.