Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp-hpe 140f
Other

have a bootmgr missing error.  I cant change boot order due to no ps/2 port and the usb says initialized but keyboard input is not recognized.  No windows 10 on but 3 crashes in a row does not start the recovery mode.   Anyone have a fix or cure i am missing.  Also tried to install windows from dvd but when it sees the disc and gives me the hit any key to boot from disk it still does not see the key board.  Using 3rd party tool it saw the disc and booted to program. then it said computer is hibernated and stops.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Do you have a spare disk-drive without any contents that you want to keep?

If so, disconnect the current disk-drive, connect this "spare", and install Windows from DVD.

If that "spare" disk-drive is completely empty, you won't see that "press any key..." prompt.

Then, connect the original disk-drive as a secondary disk-drive, and see it Windows will detect it, and see if you can read any files from the secondary disk-drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.