Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have noticed in my Desktop HP 8200E SFF PC an exclamation mark next to the "other devices" " PCI serial port"  in the device manager, on clicking on properties there is message that say the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28), on trying to update driver, windows search says that there are no compatible driver for this device and asked to contact the manufacturer for an updated driver, how can I obtain this driver?

i have just clean install window 10pro 64 bit 20h2

Any help is very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't even need to open the folder if you make sure the Include subfolders box is checked.

That is what is nice about that approach.  Windows will seek out and install the driver wherever it is located in the folder.

No need to drill down to find the specific driver inf file like in XP or Windows 2000.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul to provide me solution, now i m stuck when i m running application of intel , it's showing question in between install that This computer have currently contains driver versions you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the following drivers with the older versions ?  options Yes or No. so kindly give me clarity on this. what action may i take.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is what I would do...

Cancel out of the installation.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Serial Port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp69506.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver will install without the old software.

HP Recommended

Sorry paul forget to write......driver versions newer already installed so overwrite is ok? An window 10 was  not showing in policy to accept. May i go on adventure?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Read my instructions above that I just posted seconds before your latest reply.

HP Recommended

sure ! but i have run application in D ( partition drive all files are there. so can i follow you above instructions? or save again in C drive? kindly suggest

HP Recommended

You can browse to where the driver folder is.

As long as you know where the SWSetup\sp69506 folder is you can browse to it.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul ! i   have Deleted this  application & files from D Drive  because in future its risk of delete with my personal files. so i have again install in C  Drive so now there is  files folder    As you said in above instructions but here i need clarity on your instruction 

"" Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver will install without the old software.""  There is C:/SWSETUP/SP69506 . SO only i have to choose two this or open the the SP69506 folder to select  any particular subfolder there are 10 folders like Drivers, IMS., Intel control center ?? kindly guide sorry again bothering to you because i m not not good in software but trying with your support. Gratitude for your support

HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't even need to open the folder if you make sure the Include subfolders box is checked.

That is what is nice about that approach.  Windows will seek out and install the driver wherever it is located in the folder.

No need to drill down to find the specific driver inf file like in XP or Windows 2000.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.