Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 860-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I reset the Bios using the jumpers next to the battery, after I did this when I try and boot up all it says is Error Shut Down PC and Insert PCIe Power Cable into Graphics Card. 

Well the funny thing is, it already is. I did not remove the graphics card and this is the Graphics card that came with the Computer. I have tried using another 6 pin connector, reseating the graphics card and nothing. The fan on the card spins when I turn on the computer so it is getting power so I can not figure it out. I cant even get into the Bios to figure out what is going on there. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
you say
"I reset the Bios using the jumpers next to the battery, after I did this when I try and boot up all it says is Error"
Can you already confirm the model, it is this one?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04867702

Thimphu motherboard specifications.

If we look at the indications of the motherboard, we just see the mention
Clear CMOS and clear password jumpers in the default positions
Often, to proceed you need to have the exact manipulation, have you found it?
Why did you hit the jumpers, for a particular reason?
It could be quite serious, but since you have a particular warning, remove the graphics card and connect the display to the motherboard, to check if at least it boots ...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes that is the PC and Motherboard, I reset the cmos because I installed a NVMe Drive and it was acting funny on reboot. it wouldn't load into windows on reboot only if I shutdown and hit power button. So I rese the cmos hoping it would clear out everything that my be lingering from the old set up and start fresh (I know I didn't have to just wanted to be sure). 

After some trial and error and another bios reset with the graphics card out I am able to use the onboard video to run everything. The Reboot Hang up issue seemed to be a secure boot thing so I set it to legacy and fixed the reboot hang but the graphics cards doesn't work no matter what I do.

I even tried taking out the new HD and putting it back to factory hardware but no go. still says insert PCIe Power to graphics card. Even though it already is. I even tried a different 6pin connection same thing. 

The only thing I haven't tried is a new Power supply and putting the graphics card in a different PC to see if it still works.

HP Recommended

In all this, we do not know what you did with the jumpers, was it the right manipulation ...?
The fact of having changed the ssd , if bad manipulation there was, it could also be that the problem is because of that, and not the manipulation of the jumpers!
did you just try, replace the original ssd drive, without graphics card ..
In the bios, just select the default parameters / save
Restart the computer
After complete start-up, if no problem, turn it off
disconnect everything except keyboard mouse
Disconnect the power supply, press and hold the power button, replace the graphics card.
Reconnect the computer and start.
If there is still the same problem, possibly try updating the bios, but I cannot tell you that it will be risk free!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.