12 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No Video/No Boot

Pavillion P-7 1510 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

No video, has onboard video, donsen't seem like its booting at all.

Will a Hewlett-Packard ATI RADEON HD 7350 PCIE X 16 512MB DDR3 MEMORY work on this system?

(JUST ENOUGH SO I CAN SEE THE BIOS SCREEN)

I'm pretty sure the onboard video and a video card installed can't be enabled at same time.

How do I disable the onboard video if can't see screen?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,934 19,567 1,639 2,709
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No Video/No Boot

@rikirud

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need assistance in disabling the on-board video card,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know the the on-board/integrated video card disables automatically when an external card is connected to the device?

That said, Did you check if there's display on an alternate monitor?

Did you check the product specification for video card upgrade?

If not: Click here for motherboard specifications

As long as the new graphics card matches the below requirements, it should work:

Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0)

• Form factor: Internal ATX

• Total wattage: 300W

While you respond to that, here's what you could do:

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link, 
If it does, Contact HP to replace the Monitor.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
rikirud Tutor
Tutor
12 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No Video/No Boot

I have connected to an alternate monitor and it is still having same problem. I cannot check the bios because as of yet

I have no video. I have removed the memory and I hear no beeping. I am still unsure what the problem is. I am not sure

what other malfunctioning parts, (cpu, memory, etc) would give me no video. But shouldn't I hear some beeps when it boots? I am not hearing anything. The cpu fan, case fan and green light on psu come on. I have tried restarting and

tapping f10 but not seeing anything on display.

Also, when I click the link to locate drivers I receive the following message:

No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system. Please make a different selection, or visit the product homepage.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,379
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No Video/No Boot

Hi @rikirud,

I have read the post. It looks like a hardware issue with the computer that needs to be corrected by a technician. As @Riddle_Decipher is out of office for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Please contact HP phone support for further assistance to get the computer repaired. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If the computer is more than 3 years old then service options with HP are no longer available because the original suppliers and manufacturers who manufacture and supply the parts to HP to build and service the computer don't do so anymore.

Please contact a local technician to get the product repaired.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,379
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No Video/No Boot

Hi @rikirud,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you.  I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.  You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation