Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN X Desktop - 900- 140VT gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings all,

I’ve had my Omen for a little over a year now and haven’t experienced any issues with it… until today that is. Earlier the task bar stopped working so I was troubleshooting windows 10 issues. At one point I shut off my computer and rebooted it and now the lights come on and the omen logo appears on my monitor but after that the screen remains black. The fans are running and the lights remain the default red. (they never set to my costume colors.) I’ve been searching the web all day and haven’t found an exact replication of this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Can you tap "ESC" at boot to see if you can get to the HP Startup Menu? Run HP Diagnostics.

I suggest you have a local PC tech take a look if you are out of warranty. Or contact HP Support if you are in warranty.

You have to troubleshoot all components to find the failing component.

Since you are not receiving any BIOS error beep codes or an error message on screen I would look at all connections on the MB and then start with the PSU.

You have to systematically remove/replace components to find the bad component.

This process can be time consuming and expensive. Troubleshooting this type of error in a forum is not the best way to go.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Can you tap "ESC" at boot to see if you can get to the HP Startup Menu? Run HP Diagnostics.

I suggest you have a local PC tech take a look if you are out of warranty. Or contact HP Support if you are in warranty.

You have to troubleshoot all components to find the failing component.

Since you are not receiving any BIOS error beep codes or an error message on screen I would look at all connections on the MB and then start with the PSU.

You have to systematically remove/replace components to find the bad component.

This process can be time consuming and expensive. Troubleshooting this type of error in a forum is not the best way to go.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thans a lot Grzwacz!

I wan't aware I could access the startup menu in that fasion. I was able to run diagnostics and actually didn't find any issues. Once the diagnostics finished however my machine booted like normal and has been working fine ever since.  I suppose there could have been a slight glitch that need to be worked out? I don't know, but thanks for the advice... it helped me out!

HP Recommended

Hi JoePaddy17,

You're very welcome.

That is good news. Many times this symptom points to possible hardware failure.

Keep an eye on this. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.