Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omni 200-500 QD all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After long period non-use, I relocated my Omni 200 from home to cabin. At cabin I have slow DSL internet. When I turned on computer, I get the windows symbol and then sometimes, not always, it goes to the background photo, and then   all video goes dark and the machine will stop. I mentioned the length of time this computer was not used because I wonder if it is trying to do a Windows update but cabin DSL is too slow and it fails ??  I have tried to use the f11 keys during boot but it seldom works. The other f keys don't seem to work during bootup. Any ideas ?  I can't turn on computer to do diagnostics.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you disconnect the DSL hardware from your computer, and then power-on your computer, does it start correctly, to show the Windows "wallpaper" and the desktop icons?

HP Recommended

I am using a dsl modem with an internal wireless card. There are no cables.

HP Recommended

There are no cables.

OK. Can you disconnect the power-cord that feeds power to the DSL device?

That definitely will block your WiFi adapter from making any connection.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I am at home now and computer is at cabin 250 miles away. I will have to go to cabin to try your suggestion. Might be a week or two. Will let you know as soon as I am able. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.