Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there. I have had this Omen PC for just over a month. It has been running fine until yesterday. I had some updates showing in windows update so I decided to update. The last update was a firmware update. When it ran it appeared be bios related. It ran it's course and then restarted or appeared to switch off then restart. After starting to restart the fans ran very fast for about 30 seconds then slowed again. The were no graphics showing and the Hardware info registered as normal. Just a blank screen. I have been unable to even get into the BIOS even after trying all the suggestions that are on the HP site. I believe this has become a hardware issue somewhere as I only have power and fans but not life. Not even a beep. I have tried everything. I have also tried to contact HP and only get the Ring me back notice. This keeps rejecting my number and says I have had too many changes in my number and to try later. Just tried again after two hours and have the same problem. Any advise please. Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use the Virtual Assistant chat, fill in your issues, keep requesting a person. 
Do this during working hours and it'll give you a phone number to call them.
How long you're going to be on hold on that (intentionally hidden) number I don't know.

In my region I filled in my case, posted about it here on the forums, detailed my experience and the steps I undertook, bothered the virtual assistant for a phone number and as I was calling that phone number @8:04 AM I got called by another line (from the HP helpdesk). I managed to schedule an on-site repair (with replacement motherboard).

Edit: Could you mention your CPU? I have an inkling that it'll be a Ryzen 7 5000 series.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Use the Virtual Assistant chat, fill in your issues, keep requesting a person. 
Do this during working hours and it'll give you a phone number to call them.
How long you're going to be on hold on that (intentionally hidden) number I don't know.

In my region I filled in my case, posted about it here on the forums, detailed my experience and the steps I undertook, bothered the virtual assistant for a phone number and as I was calling that phone number @8:04 AM I got called by another line (from the HP helpdesk). I managed to schedule an on-site repair (with replacement motherboard).

Edit: Could you mention your CPU? I have an inkling that it'll be a Ryzen 7 5000 series.

HP Recommended

Hi John. Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct i assuming the processor is a Ryzen 7,  5000 series. It was running brilliantly before the firmware update. I have managed to get through to support who were brilliant and are going to pick up the PC for repair. It looks like the firmware update caused the Motherboard to fail. It will be away for about eight days. I still have most of my stuff on my 8 years old self built i7 PC. It has never let me down but the new processors are so far ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.